|The City Secretary is a statutory position each city in Texas is required to have by law. The City Secretary is appointed by, and reports to, the City Council.
The City Secretary's responsibilities include:
- Posting all agendas of the City Council and keeping accurate records of the proceedings.
- Posting all legal notices in compliance with state laws and publishing all legal ads and notices for the city.
- Maintaining the integrity of the election process.
- Ensure transparency and access to city records.
- Facilitate the city’s legislative process.
- Acting as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes.
- Record and preserve local government history.
Open Records Request